Ten Top Tips For a Good Recording Session
1. Choose the material you wish to record carefully
2. Restring guitars and check intonation a few days before the session.
3. Rehearse the material thoroughly, if possible use the studio sound room.
4. Bring some commercially recorded material similar to the sound you want.
5. Insist on hearing samples of recent work by the studio.
6. Be prepared to work hard....engineers respect effort and good results require it.
7. Be realistic about your aims; commercial recordings cost tens of thousands of
pounds to make ( if you actually have tens of thousands of pounds to spend on
recording please contact us urgently!!).
8. Set a budget for your recording and discuss this with the studio you wish to use
to avoid running out of time and being left with a sub-standard end product.
9. Meet your engineer/producer before booking to ensure they understand your aims
and can meet them.
10. Save most of the booze for the after session party....don't wake up with a hangover and a recording of how you sound after a skin full!!!!
All Laffing Boy sessions are booked only after a pre session meeting to make sure that your aims are clearly understood.